One of the ladies in my writers’ group at work belongs to the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood. She let us know about their Winter Writing Festival, and it sounded like a perfect opportunity. I’ve been wanting to get back into writing more fiction. I miss it. I’ve felt blocked but by stress and too many other things going on. The truth is, I don’t need to go home and watch TV. I should go home, eat dinner (in a less frantic manner), meditate, and then write. Sounds like a much more enjoyable evening, overall.
I just signed up for the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood’s Winter Writing Festival. Basically, for 50 days you have to write enough to earn 50 points. Each person sets their goals for how they will earn points.
I have these current projects: Lady in the Tree (novel), Shadow Wolf Company (novel), Ride Softy (short story), Perseus and the Pegasi (short story), and Warhammer Fantasy role playing gaming module scenarios. My goal is to get into the habit of daily fiction writing, so I will earn points by:
- Writing 500 words per day (with Saturdays off) for fiction or RPG content: 1 point
- Sprints: 1 point
- Deep edit of 5-10 pages: 1 point
- Finishing Ride Softly (short story): 5 points
- Finishing outline for Lady in the Tree: 5 points
- Revising outline for Shadow Wolf Company: 5 points
- Finishing a play-through of new RPG content: 5 points
At the end of the time, I would like to have two stort stories to send off or several chapters.